Today Brisbane’s Eagle Farm Racecourse will come to life for Tattersall’s Tiara Day, the last Group 1 meeting of the Queensland Winter Racing Carnival, and below are the insider tips for the day’s headliner – the $500,000 Group 1 Sky Racing Tattersall’s Tiara (1400m).
The 2013 Tattersall’s Tiara is set to run as Eagle Farm Race 7 at 3:40pm (AEST) and while there’s been a high number of scratchings from the day’s other races due to the rain-affected track, all 16 of the original acceptors for the fillies-and-mares’ feature are still in the mix.
Known mudlark Red Tracer from the Chris Waller stables has firmed into the $4.60 favourite to win, the five-year-old last seen winning the Group 2 Dane Ripper Stakes over a similar field at the same track and distance two weeks back.
With five wins from six starts on Heavy tracks over her impressive career to date she certainly holds the advantage on the ground and is deserving of a Group 1 trophy, to add to Waller’s eight for the season so far, after a number of close calls during the autumn.
She’s followed in the Tattersall’s Tiara betting markets then by four other single-figure hopes with former favourite Streama ($5) on the rails and coming off a nice Stradbroke third, the in-form Peron ($7) out for her fourth straight and trainer John Thompson’s second in the race in as many years, Streama’s stablemate Skyerush ($8) who is also in top form, and market mover She’s Clean now at $9 after money has come in for Waller’s Gai Waterhouse Stakes winner.
So are these hopefuls the ones to lock into your Tattersall’s Tiara trifecta bets? Or is there more value to be had backing a double figure chance from the field such as 2011 winner Yosei ($12) or the John O’Shea-trained Steps In Time ($12)?
#16 Peron ($7)
- Prepared by last year’s winning trainer John Thompson who won with Pear Tart
- Pear Tart was the third three-year-old in as many years to win the Tatterall’s Tiara – Peron out to be the fourth
- Out wide in 13 but class to overcome especially with the give out of the ground
- No form on Heavy ground but won at Ipswich last Saturday on a Slow (7) track which Eagle Farm has now been upgraded to
- The Listed Gai Waterhouse Classic (1350m) last weekend was her third straight victory – Pear Tart also having won her three lead-up races before last year’s Tattersall’s Tiara
- Progressive type continues to rise to the challenge and has caught our eye
- Boasts the best Win Rate of the field with 85.71%
#3 Red Tracer ($4.60)
- Market mover and new favourite, deservingly so when you look at the form and stats
- Just nudged out of two Group 1’s in Sydney over the 1500m recently so out to atone
- Prepared by this season’s leading Group 1 trainer Chris Waller
- Has barrier 16 to overcome but managed to win the Group 2 Dane Ripper Stakes (1400m) on Straddie Day from gate 16 of 18 and will be right in the finish again here
- Loves it wet so will handle the ground best of them all probably
- One of the most consistent here with a 39.29% win rate and 78.57% place percentage
- Has won two of her three starts over the track and distance
#4 Skyerush ($9)
- Underrated runner in this field with lots of the attention going to stablemate #1 Streama
- Seven-year-old but racing like half that age winning her last two in Sydney at Randwick including the Group 2 Emancipation Stakes (1600m) for the second year in a row
- First-up over 1400m will suit and Eagle Farm holds no fears as they were only neck away second to Pear Tart in this last year coming off similar form to this year
- Is simply flying and cannot be ignored
To lock in our 2013 Tattersall’s Tiara betting tips at the best possible prices head straight to bookmaker.com.au and enjoy betting with the country’s top bookie.
Right now bookmaker.com.au will also reward you as a new depositing player if you quote the exclusive promo code BONUSBET when you open your account!
*Odds are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change